Vivid pops of nearly neon pink and peach tones meld with paler than pastel shades for an extra-illuminating take on natural beauty
As spring approaches, it’s natural that we want to retire our winter deep and dark color palettes and go for makeup that’s on the lighter side—need something that doesn’t sound judgemental. Enter Peach Dusk, a serene, lit-from-within look that melds gossamer-light pastel hues with brilliant hints of blossoming pinks and oranges.
“This is the next chapter in the ‘no-makeup-makeup’ effect,” says Janell Geason, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup, who designed Peach Dusk as part of Indian Sunset, Aveda’s limited edition Spring/Summer 2016 Makeup Collection. “It’s a subtle look that uses makeup to bring out striking features.”
Here, Janell reveals the illuminating steps:
• Create a naturally luminous complexion by first pressing a small amount of Beautifying Composition Oil™ into skin.
• Apply Inner Light™ Concealer where needed, then set lightly with Inner Light™ Mineral Loose Powder.
• Using an eye color brush, apply Petal Essence™ Single Eye Color in Peach Nectar onto the centers of lids, fading the color slightly past the creases.
• Highlight inner eye corners with Petal Essence™ Single Eye Color in Lilac Glow using an eye smudger brush.
• Enhance eyes with a dramatic depth by applying Petal Essence™ Single Eye Color in Desert Clay along creases, fading into inner eye corners, using an eye brush.
• Sweep Petal Essence™ Single Eye Color in Desert Clay along lower lash lines for definition.
• Highlight brow bones with Petal Essence™ Single Eye Color in Lilac Glow using the brush.
• For an added sparkle dab Petal Essence™ Single Eye Color in Lilac Glow onto the centers of bottom lash lines with a medium eye color brush.
• Sweep Petal Essence™ Face Accents in Apricot Whisper along cheekbones with the blush brush.
• Define the lips with Nourish-Mint™ Lip Liner in Spring Rose; soften any harsh lines with a medium lip brush.
• Dab Nourish-Mint™ Smoothing Lip Color in Pink Peppertree onto the centers of lips with brush.
Spring Into Action
Are you ready for spring and can’t wait to try the Peach Dusk look? Share this story on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #LivingAveda and #LoveYourColor.